Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu The novelization of the song of the same name, and the first light novel in the Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu book series. The novel also alludes to the events of Kokuhaku Rival Sengen, the -another story-, and parts of Yakimochi no Kotae.
|“||A novel adaption of HoneyWorks’ “Kokuhoku Yokou Renshuu (Confession Rehearsal)“ about Natsuki, a third-year at Sakuragaoka High School, who holds unrequited feelings for her childhood friend, Yuu, who’s in the Film Club. However, instead of being honest about her feelings, she makes him her confession “rehearsal” partner. Unable to say her true feelings, things start to get complicated when Miou and Akari, who are also in the Art Club, get involved! Will she ever be able to confess for real!?||”|
—translated novel description
- Miou, now working as a teacher in Sakuragaoka, rediscovers her old yearbook and leafs through it. She finds an old photo of her and her friends group, waxing nostalgic over how young they all were, reminiscing about her high school days, and wondering what happened to Haruki since they graduated, leading into the main story.
Practice 1 Edit
Practice 2 Edit
Practice 3 Edit
Practice 4 Edit
Practice 5 Edit
Practice 6 Edit
Practice 7 Edit
Practice 8 Edit
Differences in Adaptations
- Unlike Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu - Short Story, an adaptation of the same song that preceded this novel, the events take place over the course of one year, while the time window of the digital comic takes place over the course of a few days in the wintertime.
- The conversation Natsuki, Miou, and Akari have about their love lives happens in the art club room rather than outdoors as in the movie and comic.
- First novel in the Confession Rehearsal series
- This novel marks the first full appearance of Koyuki Ayase in the franchise, preceding his character song Kokuhaku Rival Sengen by nearly 2 weeks (13 days). However, the first canonical appearance goes to Terekakushi Shishunki, which was released nearly four months before this novel.