Sota Mochizuki (望月蒼太 Mochizuki Souta) is a primary character in the Confession Executive Committee ~Love Series~kentaro ito is a student at Sakuragaoka High School and the focus of Yakimochi no Kotae.
|Aliases||Mochita (Natsuki, Yu, Haruki)|
|Height||165 cm (5′4.9″)|
|Birthday||September 3 (Virgo)|
|Relationship(s)||Younger sister, older sister|
|Occupation||High School Student|
|Special||Shōta Takasaki (Stage Play)|
|Song||Yakimochi no Kotae|
|Novel||Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu (novel)|
|Anime||Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita. -Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai-|
- Sota is about medium height for a boy, with brown hair and large brown eyes. He wears the Sakuragaoka uniform with a yellow cardigan underneath. In the summer, he keeps his tie while switching to a white sleeved short sleeved shirt tucked into his pants.
Personality and Actions Edit
- Sota is a decent enough kid, though tends to be introspective.
- Despite being nice, his main insecurity is his possessiveness. He obviously wants the object of his affections to be happy, but he wants to keep her to himself and imagines scenarios where she's either saddened, heartbroken, or made unhappy by somebody else. It heavily comes into conflict with his low self-esteem; despite thinking that he wants her for his own, he doesn't think he's even worthy of a shot with her considering all of the mean and negative thoughts he has on a daily basis.
- A member of the Year 3 friend group, and Sota's high school crush, nicknamed "Akarin" internally. He falls in love with her at first sight during the first day of school, and has been smitten with her since. However, his affection for her is usually seen from afar; he never thinks to approach her for the first two years of high school because of his own emotional hangups. After much pushing from his peers, he finally works up the nerve to confess to her in his third year, but is turned down. They eventually gain a mutual attraction for one another during "Tokyo Summer Session", and Akari seems to place a name on her feelings for Sota by "The Day When I Called Your Name"/"The Day When I Knew Love".
- His feelings for Akari come from a huge sense of insecurity. He doesn't think he's worthy of approaching or talking to her, and props her up as a girl akin to a "movie heroine" or an angel. Envious thoughts often pop up from time to time, showing that he's possessive of her internally. His feelings don't come from a position of malice; rather, he Feels he can't help thinking of various scenarios for her to get into.
- A boy he's known since middle school. They didn't talk much, but they were friends with each other. While they are on good terms, Sota sometimes expresses envy for Koyuki's credentials, such as his smarts or his popularity in third year, but still desires to be better friends with him. Their friendship upgrades in high school, where they now openly call each other by nicknames.
- A childhood friend and classmate. She and Sota are part of the same friend group that's also been formed since childhood.
- Sota is usually the subject of light teasing from Natsuki, with her poking fun at his jealous tendencies and timid demeanor. She doesn't think highly of him as a romantic prospect as she admits to Akari, but she does consider him a nice boy.
- A Childhood friend. Attends Film Club with him.
A childhood friend. Attends Film Club with him.
- A high school friend.
- Japanese teacher who also oversees the Film Club. He gave Sota a light scolding for arriving late to the school entrance ceremony, and also gives Sota advice at times, such as giving him the push he needed to finally give his confession to Akari.
- When he's embarrassed, he's the type of person to blush all the way to the ears.
- He doesn't have a preferred type of movie, and watches all genres. He does tend to watch a lot of romantic movies as well.
- He has a couple of nicknames for his friends circle; he calls Akari "Akarin" and Koyuki "Yukki". In turn, he's referred to as "Mochita" by his childhood friends, and "Mocchi" by Koyuki.
- His nickname, Mochita, is a portmanteau of his name and the word for "jealousy", yakimochi.
- ↑ Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu character profile